ARMA 2020: Pathways to Inclusion → Driving Change
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in Research and Research Management and Administration takes many forms and is increasingly gaining national and international recognition in Higher Education. Equality Impact Assessments, for instance, are part of the Research Excellence Framework and are also being developed by research funders to consider the profile of who and what is being funded. As the diversity of the research base increases, it is increasingly important that we ensure that our processes, policies and practices are inclusive.
This conference provides an opportunity to think deeply about how our work within Research Management and Administration connects to issues of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion. ARMA is keen to give focus to how RMA work intersects with EDI to ensure it is not only considered, but applied in the governance, strategy and daily practices and processes of Research Management and Administration, at both institutional and national levels.
Delegates will have the opportunity to share best practice and to consider new ways of working. We welcome a diverse range of thoughts and perspectives and would like to encourage proposals on a range of issues related to EDI work, such as (but not exhaustively):
- How can we ensure that our research environments are diverse, representative, and inclusive?
- How can enhance peer review processes so that they are fair and robust?
- What interventions can we put in place to foster more inclusive working environments for researchers and research professionals?
- What could we change about planning and project management processes so that they incorporate greater flexibility and support inclusion?
- To what extent might current policies and practices lead to feelings of exclusion or othering?
- How can we make research partnerships ethical, fair and transparent?
This is your chance to present a poster or deliver a session and make an impact at conference. Now is the time to start preparing your submission. Further information and guidelines are available on the ‘Abstracts’ page.
Abstract submission opens: Mid-December 2019 (date TBA)
Parallel Session abstract submission closes: 31 January 2020
Notification of outcome: w/c 24 February 2020
Poster abstract submission closes: Date TBA
Early bird registration opening: January 2020
More coming soon… keep an eye on armaconference.com for updates.