Annual conference is our flagship learning, development and networking event. ARMA 2020 provides an opportunity to think deeply about how our work within Research Management and Administration connects to issues of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion. ARMA is keen to give focus to how RMA work intersects with EDI to ensure it is not only considered, but applied in the governance, strategy and daily practices and processes of Research Management and Administration, at both institutional and national levels.
The conference will provide an opportunity for delegates to share best practice and to consider new ways of working. We welcome a diverse range of thoughts and perspectives and we will have presentations on a range of issues related to EDI work, such as (but not exhaustively):
- How can we ensure that our research environments are diverse, representative, and inclusive?
- How can we enhance peer review processes so that they are fair and robust?
- What interventions can we put in place to foster more inclusive working environments for researchers and research professionals?
- What could we change about planning and project management processes so that they incorporate greater flexibility and support inclusion?
- To what extent might current policies and practices lead to feelings of exclusion or othering?
- How can we make research partnerships ethical, fair and transparent?
This conference welcomes a diverse range of thoughts and perspectives around EDI, as well as more general discussions on RMA work.
Abstract submission opens: 16 December 2019
Parallel Session abstract submission now closed: 31 January 2020 (Midnight)
Notification of outcome: w/c 24 February 2020
Poster Presentation abstract submission now closed: 16 March 2020 (Midnight)
Notification of outcome: w/c 30 March 2020
Early bird registration opening: w/c 3 February 2020
Early bird registration closes: 31 March 2020